Cubebe Shaving Soap: Special Edition Beta 4.3
This special edition shaving soap is presented in an anthracite-colored aluminum tin with an intricately stamped metallic label in antique brass. The triple-milled hard soap is intended to be used with a shaving brush.
The Cubebe edition features the characteristic fragrance of the collection and uses our 'Beta 4.3' formulation - a further step forward in the evolution of our shaving soap in pursuit of enhanced lubrication and protection during the shave and enhanced post-shave skin feel.
The renewed formulation includes a larch tree extract which reduces trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL), making it an excellent choice for those skin types that tend to dryness. It also includes a new vegetal compound, based on castor oil, that gives a lubricating action and helps the razor mechanical action.
Part of the Cubebe Collection
Product size: 5.3 oz (150g); 90mm diameter
Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soap formulations contain soluble ingredients that need to be activated with water. For best results use the following steps to prepare your soap:
* Wet the soap: cover the surface with a thin veil of hot water for 2-3 minutes. We recommend preparing your soap in one of our hand-carved wood shaving soap bowls.
* Wet the brush: Run the brush under warm water to saturate the bristles. This will prime it to accept the shaving cream or soap. Shake off any excess water.
* Add shaving soap: Run the bristles over the shaving soap. Because you’re dealing with a quality soap, you actually don’t need to use much to create an amazing lather.
* Work into a lather: Using circular motions, work the brush around your beard and enjoy the scent of your shaving soap. The circular motions will also raise hairs from the skin’s surface for easier removal with the razor.
* Rinse the brush: Once you’re done, run the brush under some cold water. Use your fingers to separate the bristles to get all of the soap out of the hair. Squeeze the excess water from the brush and set it back in its stand.
The characteristic fragrance features a citrusy, balsamic and aromatic top note of bergamot, lemon and white fir.
The top notes give way to a slightly floral body note with spicy hints of pepper and nutmeg.
At its base is a woody, musky and slightly amber background note of patchouly, vetiver, labdanum and benzoin.
After making a permanent switch to the Cubebe aftershave, I decided to try the shaving soap as well. It is now one of only two shaving soaps I will use. I've used hundreds of shaving products, and this is a soap that surpasses nearly all of them, so much so that I feel comfortable making it my only shave soap.
Excellent shaving soap. Rich lather, nice scent, rinses easily.
All products are excellent quality
All products are excellent quality. Bought shower gel,after shave,and just purchased parfum of the line and started with preshave product.Great products!Great scents!
Cubebe is my first foray into SV products, they couldn't have made a better first impression. I love the scent. I love how nicely the soap loaded and lathered up. I love how my skin felt after the shave.Lots to love about this soap. Fantastic soap, don't hesitate to try SV out.