Manna di Sicilia Shaving Soap: Special Edition Beta 4.3
This special edition shaving soap is presented in an anthracite-colored aluminum tin with an intricately stamped metallic label in antique brass. The triple-milled hard soap is intended to be used with a shaving brush.
The Special Edition features the characteristic fragrance of the collection and uses our 'Beta 4.3' formulation - a further step forward in the evolution of our shaving soap in pursuit of enhanced lubrication and protection during the shave and enhanced post-shave skin feel.
Manna is the sap that derives from the incision made onto the Ash tree that has grown wild for many centuries in the dried and sun kissed island of Sicily. For Saponificio Varesino, the manna sap used in this collection comes from the Park of Madonie situated between the towns of Castelbuono and Pollina.
The renewed formulation includes a larch tree extract which reduces trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL), making it an excellent choice for those skin types that tend to dryness. It also includes a new vegetal compound, based on castor oil, that gives a lubricating action and helps the razor mechanical action.
Part of the Manna di Sicilia Collection.
Product size: 5.3 oz (150g); 90mm diameter
Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soap formulations contain soluble ingredients that need to be activated with water. For best results use the following steps to prepare your soap:
* Wet the soap: cover the surface with a thin veil of hot water for 2-3 minutes. We recommend preparing your soap in one of our hand-carved wood shaving soap bowls.
* Wet the brush: Run the brush under warm water to saturate the bristles. This will prime it to accept the shaving cream or soap. Shake off any excess water.
* Add shaving soap: Run the bristles over the shaving soap. Because you’re dealing with a quality soap, you actually don’t need to use much to create an amazing lather.
* Work into a lather: Using circular motions, work the brush around your beard and enjoy the scent of your shaving soap. The circular motions will also raise hairs from the skin’s surface for easier removal with the razor.
* Rinse the brush: Once you’re done, run the brush under some cold water. Use your fingers to separate the bristles to get all of the soap out of the hair. Squeeze the excess water from the brush and set it back in its stand.
The slightly citrusy top notes of bergamot and orange of the Manna di Sicilia fragrance are well balanced by aromatic notes of sage and traces of fenugreek, a prelude to a warm body note with a slight hint of honey that gives a hint of tobacco and spices, softened by floral traces of jasmine and geranium leaves.
The base note is woody and amber of patchouli, cedar wood, benzoin resin and guaico wood to make the memory of the perfume warmer and more full-bodied.