Cosmo Shower Gel (Larch Tree Oil)
Our shower gels are a blend of delicate and sulfate-free surfactants at pH 5.5, which cleanse effectively with a creamy lather to nourish the skin and provide deep moisture without damaging the hydrolipic film. The formula is enriched with a blend of plant substances that act as substitutes for the natural moisturizing factor.
The Cosmo soap take its skin benefit properties from the essential oils of the Larch tree. These oils are extracted from fresh needles of this piney tree and help to promote healthy lungs, unwanted bacterial activity and a feeling of relaxation.
Part of the Cosmo Collection
Product size: 11.5 fl oz (350 ml)
Our emphasis on natural ingredients over harsh chemical agents in our bar soaps carries over to our liquid soap formulations as well. While many of the ingredients in our shower gels and liquid soaps have names that invoke the vision of chemicals, they are actually derived from natural processes, organic ingredients and extracts or are preservatives from natural sources.
Here is a handy guide to our common liquid soap and shower gel ingredients and their purpose:
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: It is obtained from cocamide (a mixture of amides and fatty acids from coconut oil) and betaine (an amino acid found in plant foods and especially in beets). It has excellent cleansing properties and is ideal for baby products and cleaning products for sensitive skin
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate: It has strong foaming properties, and is intended for sensitive and easily irritable skin
- Sodium Coco-Glucoside Tartrate: It is an extremely delicate surfactant on the skin, suitable for products for children, the elderly and delicate skin.
- Panthenol: Moisturizing. It also acts as a softening, soothing and anti-irritating agent. It also helps the skin create a barrier against irritation and water loss.
- Glucose: Humectant and moisturizing agent, to prevent skin dryness.
- Sodium Glutamate: Helps improve skin compatibility of the finished product.
- Sorbitol: Has moisturizing and moisturizing properties on the skin.
- Urea: Urea is a component of our skin. It has the property of retaining water molecules in the epidermis up to the deeper layers. This mechanism allows to keep the skin hydrated and soft; it is in fact useful for dehydrated, dry, chapped skin. It acts as a humectant and soothing.
- Glycine: Glycine is the most abundant amino acid in collagen with moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: They are the hydrolyzed proteins of wheat. It has softening and restructuring properties and gives a silky and elastic touch.
- Sodium PCA: Sodium PCA has a great ability to retain water, is used as an excellent humectant and moisturizer. The skin benefits from Sodium PCA, which makes it hydrated and elastic and contributes to maintaining the skin’s natural pH level.
- Caprylyl Glycol: Has moisturizing and emollient properties. It confers a smooth and dry sensory characteristic to topical skin care products.
- Lactic Acid: In cosmetics, lactic acid acts as a product that regulates keratinization (the process that regulates skin renewal) and has a light peeling effect, leaving the skin smooth and flexible. It is also used as an adjunct in the treatment of problems related to acne, psoriasis and impure skin.
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid: Green preservative / chelating agent
- Ethylhexylglycerin: “Green” preservative with antimicrobial properties. However, it also has emollient, moisturizing and slightly humectant properties.
- Citric Acid: Green preservative / chelating agent
- Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate: Green preservative / chelating agent
Highlights the zesty fragrance of Sicilian Citrus combined with dark and peppery spice notes of coffee, coriander and nutmeg. At its base, you'll find the timeless notes of vetiver, sandalwood and incense used throughout history in shaving and facial preparations.