Dolomiti Shaving Soap: Special Edition Beta 4.3
This special edition shaving soap is presented in an anthracite-colored aluminum tin with an intricately stamped metallic label in antique brass. The triple-milled hard soap is intended to be used with a shaving brush.
The edition features the characteristic fragrance of the collection and uses our 'Beta 4.3' formulation - a further step forward in the evolution of our shaving soap in pursuit of enhanced lubrication and protection during the shave and enhanced post-shave skin feel.
The renewed formulation includes 'Limo' from the Dolomites - a mixture of clays and mineral sediment from the Western Italian Alps. This prized material is enriched with Vitamina A, E and B-Carotene to give this soap strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Part of the Dolomiti Collection.
Product size: 5.3 oz (150g); 90mm diameter
Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soap formulations contain soluble ingredients that need to be activated with water. For best results use the following steps to prepare your soap:
* Wet the soap: cover the surface with a thin veil of hot water for 2-3 minutes. We recommend preparing your soap in one of our hand-carved wood shaving soap bowls.
* Wet the brush: Run the brush under warm water to saturate the bristles. This will prime it to accept the shaving cream or soap. Shake off any excess water.
* Add shaving soap: Run the bristles over the shaving soap. Because you’re dealing with a quality soap, you actually don’t need to use much to create an amazing lather.
* Work into a lather: Using circular motions, work the brush around your beard and enjoy the scent of your shaving soap. The circular motions will also raise hairs from the skin’s surface for easier removal with the razor.
* Rinse the brush: Once you’re done, run the brush under some cold water. Use your fingers to separate the bristles to get all of the soap out of the hair. Squeeze the excess water from the brush and set it back in its stand.
The fragrance of this collection is crowned by a top note of light citrus lemon, with a hint of sage. The core is floral and definitely lavender, with a hint of cloves and black pepper. The tail notes of amber and woody vetiver, patchouli and cedar wood characterizes the personality of the perfume.
First SV purchase, and the Dolomiti shave soap was a terrific choice. Mild fragrance- very subtle, with tremendous rich lather and good slickness. So impressed with the product that I ordered the “pro victus” after shave balm. Very happy with SV quality.
The soap can be beat, the scent, perhaps.
Dolomiti Beta 4.3 formula is a magnificent shaving soap. It generates tons of lather that makes for a protective, slick shave. Love it. The Dolomiti scent is pleasant. I'd describe it as a powdery barbershop aroma. Personally, I prefer the Cosmo and Desert Vetiver aromas
Dolomiti shave soap 4.3
The older version has a better sent and is smoother. Sometimes new isn't necessary better.
Best shave products by far
Awesome items I use these products when I have a bad day. They just de-stress me. Scent is outstanding
I will be buying this again
Dolomiti Shaving soap is a winner. Like all Saponificio soaps, it creates a slick easy glide with thick lather. As for the scent…you could say citrus, woody, mossy…hard to describe, but certainly not overpowering in any way, no perfume afterscent. It also washes off clean and easy with my face feeling refreshed. A different company's shave soap I tried was very difficult to rinse off and left my face feeling like all its natural oils were removed. This, along with my Saponificio brush makes me look forward to shaving.